偏微分方程和非线性编程在金融领域是怎么应用的?

论坛 期权论坛 期权     
bbb aaa   2018-10-16 00:14   2533   1
想了解一下在金工领域这两方面的知识都是怎么应用的呢。美本数学系选课,这两门课下学习2选1,不知道哪个会比较有用。
课程介绍:
偏微分方程:Introduces partial differential equations, emphasizing the wave, diffusion and potential (Laplace) equations. Focuses on understanding the physical meaning and mathematical properties of solutions of partial differential equations. Includes fundamental solutions and transform methods for problems on the line, as well as separation of variables using orthogonal series for problems in regions with boundary. Covers convergence of Fourier series in detail.

非线性编程:Iterative and analytical solutions of constrained and unconstrained problems of optimization; gradient and conjugate gradient solution methods; Newton's method, Lagrange multipliers, duality and the Kuhn-Tucker theorem; and quadratic, convex, and geometric programming.

谢过各位大神们了
分享到 :
0 人收藏

1 个回复

倒序浏览
2#
张砾炜  4级常客 | 2018-10-16 00:14:51 发帖IP地址来自
Won't be using knowledge from either of the courses much in the industry. At least in my risk analytics group, we mostly use proprietary/internal models to analyze exposure. I graduated from Duke math, but feel that unless you aim for research, math beyond calculus can only provide you a sense of analytical logic when it comes to real projects in the industry. From the course description you posted, PDE focuses upon theories and pencil-and-paper application of tricks. NLP teaches you essentials tools in optimization problems but I bet they focus on theory more than industrial application.
In all, if you are really interested in math or financial engineering, take both. But you should expect the least that classroom knowledge can be directly applied to your non-research career. If you are really interested in Financial Mathematics, take stochastic calculus and read books by Shreve on the topic. Also, programming is an essential part of daily jobs thus I encourage you to know programming especially Python and C++. Linux is a plus too.
Hope it helps.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

积分:
帖子:
精华:
期权论坛 期权论坛
发布
内容

下载期权论坛手机APP