分享到 :
0 人收藏

9 个回复

倒序浏览
2#
Greg Nance  2级吧友 | 2018-10-17 23:13:16 发帖IP地址来自
I had worked at Merrill Lynch for months in 2008. What a lucky year. Hhh
我曾经就在美林工作工作过几个月,正好是2008年,惊不惊喜?
So with Merrill Lynch, there is a multi-step application process.  First step is to demonstrate your interest. "Why are you interested?" "Why Merrill Lynch", "what specific roles can you contribute to Merrill Lynch". Of course you also need to show your quantitative analytical skills and your financial acumen for your position. From initial cover letter to your CV drop, you will then get a phone call from HR. It was a random number, and 10 questions as I recalled. They asked me what's my view to the future financial market, how will the stock price change in the coming years. How's health care stock doing. Actually they want to see how well I prepared and do I know these jargons and how serious I would be. Finally, the interview. Very exciting. I was wearing suit and tie and being asked lots of tough questions by HR and investment team. But hey I got through the interview and got an offer.
当然进入美林,你需要很多步骤,首先是通过求职信证明你自己对于工作的兴趣,以及对于工作内容的理解:“为什么要选择美林?”“你觉得你适合什么职位”,然后你的简历得过关,内容足够可以证明你的数据分析实力和沟通能力,以及你对行业的理解。从刚刚开始的求职信到简历发送,接下来就是电话面试了,也没有告诉你具体的面试时间。是一个陌生号码,然后我大约回答了10几个问题关于未来金融市场的变化,以及股票的涨幅,然后具体到医保股的问题。他们其实想看看我对于专业术语的掌握度以及我到底准备的怎么样了。最后是面试,非常激动人心,我西装革履就这么去了,然后被问了很多非常难的问题,但是我都回答过去啦,最后拿到了传说中的Offer
My first day at ML, I got handed a ton of readings studying a bunch of numbers. Always busy and always learning, making PPT and excel files. I was an intern at global wealth management which is basically to help manage the money for rich people and CEOs including client services making sure they are comfortable doing their investment at ML. At the end of my internship which was a high point, I have a chance to write an article about natural gas supply risk in Africa -- the Nigerian delta because Boko Haram, their terrorists group is attacking the oil supplies that creates lots of challenges for the global market then Putin invaded Georgia which was another big issue and I was being helpful to write about these issue creating great image to our clients. Then it actually helped me move on my journey.
第一天在美林,我作为一个全球财富管理的实习生,就被丢了一堆材料阅读,真的很忙,忙着做PPT,做成堆的excel表格,学得也很快。总之我的工作就是确保公司里的客户(很有钱的大老板CEO)对他们的投资感到满意。然后在我即将结束我的实习生涯的时候,我收获了一份成就:那就是写了一些分析关于当时全球石油供给危机的事件,以及俄罗斯入侵格鲁吉亚。通过我的分析,也给公司建立了一些良好形象,也为我之后的工作带来了很宝贵的一笔积淀。
The overall key lesson I learned at ML is to bring energy. Always keep motivated and energetic. You have way more chances to connect with people and get interesting project work as you go. I talked all the time with my boss trying to get more and bigger projects. And no matter what I signed, I always tried to get it done ASAP. So that's how I made my progress there.
总体来说,我在美林学到的最大的收获就是时时刻刻要自备能量。你会有很多机会去社交,认识不同的人,参与各种有意思的项目。我几乎一直和我的上司交流,希望能够拿到更多的项目,更有挑战性的工作,一直在学习,一直在挑战自我,每次拿到一个任务我都尽力完成的又快又好。我在这段时间也是得到了很多的提升。
However, eventually I quit my job and start my own company, because the culture at ML was not a good fit for me. It was very competitive and the vibe there is on your own. And something about Wall Street is a bit like the Wolf of Wall Street. For instance, some old rich men with power, they usually have young beautiful girlfriends. But not all things are as exciting just as the movie. When I worked at Wall Street, the whole economy was running out of credits. The stock price for Merrill Lynch went from strong to weak. Very bad time and the recession strikes. Of course the reason why I left mainly is that I want to collaborate with great team and talented people doing my own business at Money Think and now Dyad to make other's life better and make greater social impact.
但是最终我还是放弃了继续在美林的工作机会,打算自己创办公司,毕竟美林的文化以及华尔街的文化可能不太适合我,竞争真的太激烈了,你在为你自己奋斗。而且有些让我想到华尔街之狼这部电影,好多位高权重的男士的身边都会有非常美丽非常年轻的女朋友。但是并不都像电影里面那样,因为当时美国发生了很严重的信贷危机,如果上网搜的话还能搜到当初美林的股票从那年挺好的走势到后面跌跌跌,当然我最主要离开的原因是我更喜欢团队合作的氛围而不是单独干,我希望和有才能的人合作,这也是我创立Money Think 以及现在Dyad Mentorship的初衷,真正能为别人的生活创造一些价值,做出更大的贡献。
大公司有大公司的好处,但是绝对不是大家想象的那样完美,它没有小公司,或者初创公司可以学到的东西那么全面,公司越小,体现你的责任就会越大!在这儿还是建议大家先从小公司开始培养自己的能力!你的潜力超出你想象!

希望每个人都能在工作中找到自己的价值!

Onward,
Greg Nance
CEO at Dyad Mentorship
3#
匿名用户   | 2018-10-17 23:13:17 发帖IP地址来自
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
4#
Nessaj  1级新秀 | 2018-10-17 23:13:18 发帖IP地址来自
如果说在美国或者欧洲还是值得去的。老美林的底蕴还在。香港的话就算了,美银不重视中国,蔡红军和John Lee被挤走了之后也没有rainmakers了,来的一帮人虾兵蟹将,本来拿deal就困难现在这个平台就是倒了。你看看美林接下来两年有什么pipeline?
5#
王小仙  3级会员 | 2018-10-17 23:13:19 发帖IP地址来自
在BOA的商行部分工作,理论上其实算是一个公司,内网都可以互相查到信息。当然,实际上是有很多不同的独立实体。感觉美林的部分要高级一点呢,公司里的名片印美林的那种都要贵很多。哎...邮箱后缀baml感觉也是比bankofamerica厉害一丢丢呢。

再八卦一下,据说全智贤的老公就是在韩国的美林工作。在公司内网里面还真是可以看到呢。
6#
匿名用户   | 2018-10-17 23:13:20 发帖IP地址来自
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
7#
闲看  4级常客 | 2018-10-17 23:13:21 发帖IP地址来自
欢迎观看央视大型纪录片《华尔街》。
8#
妈则法克  1级新秀 | 2018-10-17 23:13:22 发帖IP地址来自
Good sharing!
9#
匿名用户   | 2018-10-17 23:13:23 发帖IP地址来自